Jiaogulan (Gynostemma penthaphyllum)
NATURAL DEFENSES - ADAPTOGEN - ANTIOXIDANT
Jiaogulan leaves are appreciated for their unique flavor, containing no theine, as well as for their many properties: very good support in case of stress, insomnia, convalescence, hepatitis and liver deficiency, bad cholesterol, blood pressure, as well as to tone, stimulate and rebalance your natural defenses.
Presentation on Jiaogulan leaves
Jiaogulan (Gynostemma pentaphyllum) is a climbing plant of the cucurbit family.
There are 21 species of gynostemma, the best being gynostemma pentaphyllum. It grows naturally at altitude (300 to 3200 m) by wrapping around trees.
Jiaogulan is found in Thailand, southwestern China, Sri Lanka, Laos, Korea, Japan.
Jiaogulan is a plant that contains no theine and is therefore not tea!
Gynostemma pentaphyllum contains no trace of camellia sinensis (dried tea leaves) and its effects are quite different.
The leaves (fresh or dried) of the plant are prepared as an infusion. The leaves can be eaten.
Jiaogulan has different nicknames that reflect its many qualities. Being naturally sweet, it bears the name in Japan of Amachazuru, for Ama (sweet) cha (tea) zuru (climbing plant). It is also referred to as "Southern Ginseng", due to the discovery of saponins identical to those of Ginseng.
Properties of Jiaogulan
Jiaogulan has antioxidant and adaptogenic properties.
Saponins: jiaogulan contains specific saponins, gypenosides (the existence of 83 different saponins has been recorded).
Saponins are natural organic bonds involved, among other things, in hormonal synthesis.
In particular, gypenosides stimulate the enzyme superoxide dismutase contained in the body. This enzyme is a very effective antioxidant protecting the vessels from free radicals (which promote arteriosclerosis), acting against blood platelet clotting and preventively against thrombosis.
Plant adaptogens are metabolic regulators, as they would increase the body's natural ability to adapt to stress by supporting homeostasis (which is the ability to maintain the internal stability of the body) and assisting the nervous system in its response to this stress.
Adaptogens help regulate imbalances (whether in excess or insufficiency: example: high blood pressure/low blood pressure. Fatigue/insomnia).
They are therefore very useful for professional athletes and people who are very exposed to stress. In addition to conventional treatments, they make it possible to fight against psychic problems, immunity, insomnia, depression, allergies and autoimmune diseases.
Other components of Jiaogulan:
It contains polysaccharide, ketones, amino acids, proteins, vitamins A, C and E and trace elements such as selenium, magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron, potassium, manganese and phosphorus.
An incredible plant, without theine, that can be consumed the all day!
Other properties of Jiaogulan
The benefits of Jiaogulan are numerous.
- The saponins gypenosides it contains have a regulatory action on a large number of our biological systems, including blood pressure.
- Jiaogulan thus participates in strengthening your natural defenses. It also participates in stress reduction, anxiety, irritability, insomnia.
- Increased energy (fatigue, lack of tone), mental clarity. The saponins contained in the leaves of jiaogulan would increase strength and endurance. Jiaogulan is therefore ideal for those who want to improve their sports performance.
- Antioxidant effect:
Saponins have powerful antioxidant properties. Clinical studies have shown that Jiaogulan stimulates the natural synthesis of endogenous antioxidants, SOD (superoxide dismutase) and glutathione. However, these are elements of our natural defense system and they control the damage caused by oxidizing free radicals.
Increasing our antioxidant levels helps respond to excessive free radical production, caused by high levels of internal and external stress.
- Effect on blood pressure: studies have shown the effectiveness of Jiaogulan in maintaining blood pressure balance. It would indeed improve the metabolism of the heart and stimulate the release of nitric oxide in the body, thus helping to relax the coronary blood vessels.
- Effect on cholesterol levels: many clinical studies would confirm that jiaogulan would lower cholesterol, LDL (the "bad" cholesterol) while increasing HDL cholesterol ("good" cholesterol).
- Effect on digestion: Jiaogulan supports digestion. By promoting the absorption of nutrients, it could help underweight people regulate their weight. It is particularly a good support for the liver that it helps to repair itself (in case of jaundice, cirrhosis, hepatitis). It thus detoxifies the body and strengthens the action of metabolism.
- Support of the immune system: It would increase the production of lymphocytes, macrophages.
It is a good accompaniment to treatments for cancer and diabetes (milletus), because it reduces the side effects of chemotherapy and promotes faster recovery.
Good support to prevent in case of flu or bronchitis.
100 % natural to boost you immune system
Studies warn children, pregnant women and people with blood pressure against consuming too much Ginseng.
These contraindications do not apply to jiaogulan.
Some rare users have reported an activated transit, or even diahrre, with the taking of jiaogulan.
Jiaogulan is not advised with the taking of anti-coagulants.
If in doubt, consult your doctor.
Check the jiaogulan products on the shop online here